Erskine College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master’s, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500.
The threefold purpose for publishing the address and contact numbers of the SACS Commission on Colleges is to enable interested constituents:
- to learn about the accreditation status of the institution;
- to file a third-party comment at the time of the institution’s decennial review; or
- to file a complaint against the institution for alleged non-compliance with a standard or requirement.
Other inquiries about Erskine College, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc., should be addressed directly to the college or seminary and not to the Commission’s office.
Graduate Programs (Seminary)
Erskine Theological Seminary is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada, and the following degree programs are approved:
MDiv, MA in Educational Ministries, MA in Practical Ministry, MA (Theological Studies), DMin, ThM
The following extension sites are approved as specified:
- Approved for complete MDiv, MA in Practical Ministry, and DMin degree programs: Columbia, SC
- Approved for more than 50 percent of a degree program but not complete degrees: Augusta, GA; Florence, SC; Greenville, SC; Charleston (Summerville), SC:
- Approved for a Comprehensive Distance Education Program
To contact ATS: Commission on Accrediting, Association of Theological Schools, 10 Summit Park Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15275; Telephone: 412-788-6505; Website: www.ats.edu
Pre-Professional Undergraduate Programs
The teacher education program is approved by the State Board of Education using the Standards of the National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC) and has been awarded national accreditation by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
Erskine College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). The program has been placed on Probation as of February 19, 2016 by the CAATE, 6850 Austin Center Blvd., Suite 100, Austin, TX 78731-3101. The Program’s request for voluntary withdrawal of accreditation on June 1, 2020 has been accepted by the CAATE. A teach out plan for current students is in place, and the Program is no longer accepting new applicants to the Athletic Training Program. Students graduating after June 1, 2020 will not be eligible to sit for the BOC Exam.
Other Memberships and Affiliations
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- American Association of University Women
- American Council on Education
- Association of American Colleges
- Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (Seminary)
- Conference Carolinas
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
- National Association of College and University Business Officers
- National Commission on Accrediting
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (Division II)
- Society for the Advancement of Continuing Education in Ministry (Seminary)
- South Carolina Association of Colleges and Universities
- South Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities