The Erskine College Campus Police promotes and preserves a safe and secure campus environment by delivering quality police and community safety service in a professional and sensitive manner. The department is committed to the professional growth of its police officers, support staff, and the continual development of its relationship with faculty, staff, and students.
|Erskine College Police Department Cell Phone||864-378-1650|
|Erskine College Police Department||864-379-8869|
|Due West Police Department||864-379-2150|
|911 Non Emergency||864-366-8451|
|Crime Stoppers Tip Line||864-379-2140|
Callers will remain anonymous unless they opt to leave a name and telephone number to allow a representative of the Campus Police Department to contact them.
The safety of our students, employees, and visitors is a primary goal of Erskine College. By working together and observing prescribed safety measures and procedures, we can keep Erskine the safe place it has traditionally been. You will be provided various types of instructions in lecture and written form and be urged to follow these guidelines to avoid injury.
If an accident or sickness occurs, it is important to observe procedures to secure assistance. Boarding students should contact their resident director, student life assistant, or deans of students, or visit the Infirmary located on the Circle between Robinson Hall and Carnegie Hall. If none of these options are available, students should contact the college nurse at the Infirmary (379-8823). In life-threatening or emergency situations, please dial 911.
Erskine College Police Department
Erskine College employs certified Class I Law Enforcement officers who have gone through the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy for an intense ten weeks of Basic Law Enforcement Training. All of our officers are appointed by the Governor of South Carolina as State Constables. The college seeks to provide an environment where students, faculty, staff and visitors are protected from harassment and injury.
Our Campus Police Officers practice numerous measures to prevent crime:
- Campus Police Officers employed by Erskine College are certified Class I law enforcement officers commissioned as state constables by the Governor of South Carolina.
- The Due West Police Department provides supplemental assistance during the times that our Campus Police Officers are not on duty.
- The Due West Rescue Squad and the nurse employed by Erskine College provide the basic health service aided by the College physician.
- Campus Police Officers have radio contact with all Abbeville County law enforcement agencies through the Abbeville County 911 Emergency Control Center.
- Physical barriers and signs have been constructed to deter would-be criminals.
- Extensive exterior lighting covers much of the campus.
- The non-resident campus buildings are locked during periods when they are not occupied, and residence halls are locked according to assigned schedules.
- The campus is patrolled by vehicle, bike, and on foot by Campus Police Officers and/or Due West Police Officers.
- Upon request, student, faculty and staff will be escorted to and from their vehicles during the evening hours.
There are no off-campus locations of student organizations that are officially recognized by Erskine College.
Visitors or unescorted individuals will be greeted by Campus Police Officers and assistance provided if they have business on campus. Individuals who have no reason to be on campus will be escorted off the premises.