Erskine College Health Services is located in Due West Family Medicine and is dedicated to supporting the overall well-being of each student. The professional staff of licensed health care providers is committed to quality care and confidentiality. Dr. Brian Henry of Due West Family Medicine serves as the primary physician and Ms. Joanne Wrenn, RN, serves as the Erskine College student Nurse.
Before being seen by one of Due West Family Medicine’s health care providers, a student must have an official physical form and immunization record on file.
- When you enter Due West Family Medicine between 8:00 a.m and 5:00 p.m., you should sign the sheet in the reception area.
- After hours, if you have an emergency or feel you need immediate attention call (864) 379-2345 or 911. Due West Family Medicine is officially closed on the weekends, but a physician is always on call.
- Please advise the College physician or nurse of any medication or drugs which you are taking.
- Medical physicals are required of all new students as part of the admissions process.
- To obtain verification of your health care visit, you must be seen by the physician or nurse before you miss class.
While the student Medical Fee provides students with access to the campus nurse and physician, Erskine expects students to maintain independent, valid medical insurance coverage, usually secured under their parents’ medical insurance policy. Students who do not have medical insurance are encouraged to obtain coverage to address any medical costs in the event of illness, an accident, or other medical situation. Students may visit the Erskine Human Resources Office in Belk Hall for guidance on companies who write student medical insurance policies.
Primary care visits with the physician and/or nurse as well as certain medications are provided at no additional charge beyond the annual medical fee. If a student requires an appointment with a specialist, x-rays, hospital care, or other services not provided by Due West Family Medicine, the cost will be incurred by the student.
Due West Family Medicine also performs routine lab tests, including urinalysis and tests for strep, mono, or flu. They can also administer allergy injections.
A staff member is on call 24/7 in case of emergency. Contact information for the on-call provider can be obtained by calling 864-379-2345.
Monday-Friday 8:00am until all students have been seen.
Monday-Friday 8:00am-12:00pm and 1:30pm-5:00pm
College life is a time of great change and personal growth. It is exciting, satisfying, and sometimes challenging. For many students, there are times when all the demands and excitement may feel overwhelming. Erskine College understands that students need many kinds of support to help them succeed.
Erskine College Counseling Services promotes and fosters the academic, personal, and interpersonal development of Erskine College students by providing short-term counseling, crisis intervention, consultation, and educational programs to the campus community.
Our counselors help create a healthy college community through their commitment to responsiveness and individual attention to student needs. Our counselors provide a safe place for students to explore difficult issues, advocate for a healthy environment in which to live and work, and nurture the development of the whole person.
Counseling services are for:
- students who need individual attention for resolving personal or interpersonal problems;
- friends, faculty, family members, and others who have concerns about the well-being of an Erskine College student.
In addition to these services, our professionals can provide outreach, prevention, and education services through programs specialized for particular campus groups or classes. Whether it is for yourself or a friend, we are here to help.
If you desire to see the campus counselor, you may contact the Office of Student Services for assistance by calling 864-379-8701, however it is not required. You may contact Due West Family Medicine directly to schedule an appointment with the campus counselor.
Due West Family Medicine: