Mission of the Office of Student Services
To encourage a Christ-centered community by offering programs and services focused on the holistic development of students and designed to fully support the mission and purpose of Erskine College.
Vision of the Office of Student Services
To offer the highest quality programs and services designed to challenge students to reach their full potential by being actively engaged in all aspects of collegiate life in a Christ-centered, grace-filled educational environment.
Structure of Student Services
The following areas are included under the division of Student Services: Career Services, Campus Life (student organizations/activities/leadership development), Health/Counseling Services, Residence Life, Student Conduct, and Orientation Programs. Programming and services offered in these areas are designed to support the mission of Student Services, and are provided by personnel who are fully committed to the mission and purpose of Erskine College.
- Students benefit most when exposed to programs and services presented from a Christian perspective and designed to help them develop holistically.
- Students learn better, both inside and outside the classroom, if they are challenged and supported in every aspect of their development.
- Students are better prepared for responsible citizenship as a result of living in a comfortable, vibrant, secure residential learning community.
- Students should be provided with opportunities to develop strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Students should be provided with opportunities to strengthen their understanding of and appreciation of Christian values.
- Students should be urged to be active participants in the educational process, both inside and outside the classroom.
- Students benefit most when Student Services professionals work in partnership with other functional areas of the institution.
- Students should be provided with guidance and support by competent professionals who model Christ-like behavior.
- Students should be treated as individuals and encouraged to treat others in the same manner.
- Students should be treated with grace, respect and compassion and encouraged to treat others in the same manner.
- Students should be strongly encouraged to get involved in community service projects.
- Students should have an appreciation for the importance of setting and striving toward goals.
- Students should be challenged to explore global topics from a Christian perspective.
- Students should be held to a standard designed to strengthen character development.
Students should be encouraged to explore a variety of vocations.