Erskine College students seeking assistance with papers are encouraged to visit the Write Here Center during posted hours. The Write Here Center is located on the first floor of the Watkins Student Center. In addition to using the links provided, here are some steps students can take to make a visit to the Write Here Center more effective:
- Don’t wait until the night before your paper is due to visit the Write Here Center.
- Spend time making sure your draft meets your professor’s expectations before visiting the Write Here Center. In other words, seeking assistance in the Write Here Center with a first draft that contains many unaddressed problems may prevent the Write Here Center reader from providing the best service.
- Once the readers in the Write Here Center offer suggestions about improving a draft, the student will need to spend adequate time addressing those suggestions.
- Once the Write Here Center reader’s suggestions for improvement have been addressed, go back to the Write Here Center for a follow-up visit.
- Remember that students are responsible for their writing. The skilled Write Here Center student readers will offer suggestions; students must then decide how much time they want to spend improving the work.
Below are links that are especially helpful to college students.