Student Development personnel are here to answer your questions and help you make the transition to college life at Erskine as smoothly as possible.
Move-in Day for Freshmen is August 14-15, 2020
Classes begin on Aug. 19, 2020
Below you’ll find a list of resources to answer your questions about freshman life and orientation, plus a mini-directory of campus offices where you can get specific answers to other questions.
Our primary aim is the safety of students, faculty, and staff. We are asking each individual to take personal responsibility for monitoring his or her personal health and to consider the safety of the entire Erskine community. The following guidelines, based on recommendations from our medical task force, will form the basis for our reopening in August:
You are not required to be tested for COVID-19 before coming to campus. However, we encourage all students who are experiencing symptoms of the virus to be tested two weeks prior to arrival on campus. If the test is positive for COVID-19, the student is expected to self-quarantine for the required 10-14 days before returning to campus. A student who has tested positive and has self-quarantined should provide documentation of a negative COVID-19 test before coming to campus.
• Individuals coming from highly infected states or cities should strongly consider testing before returning to Erskine.
• All students, faculty, and staff are required to bring personal washable masks or face coverings to campus for use when and where required.
• Students should bring hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes for use in common areas. Aramark cleaning services will perform extra deep cleaning of the public areas daily, but use of personal supplies will supplement that work.
• We will have a limited supply of masks and cleaning supplies for sale in the bookstore.
• All students will be required to read and sign a waiver regarding the risk of infection incurred in a residential campus setting.
Move-in day is a special time for you and your families. Remember that with so many people in close proximity, physical distancing (also known as social distancing) and use of masks will be expected. In order to make move-in day as safe as possible, the following procedures and guidelines have been developed:
• Move-in day for freshmen is scheduled over a two-day period, August 14-15.
• To avoid overcrowding, students will be assigned a specific day and time to move into the residence halls. Please adhere strictly to these scheduled times.
• Each student is asked to bring only two guests to assist with the move-in.
• Face coverings are required on move-in day for both students and guests.
• A temperature check (prior to entering residence halls) is required for all individuals (students and guests) on move-in day.
• This year, for safety reasons, we will not be able to provide Erskine volunteer assistance for the move-in process.
• Erskine staff and student leaders will direct the move-in process, and they will be required to wear face masks.
- Paying your bill and setting up a payment plan
- Understanding your scholarships, grants, or loans
- Setting up work-study
- Erskine provides Microsoft Office for all students, faculty, and staff for up to 5 PCs/Macs
- Erskine provides One Terabyte of OneDrive cloud storage for all students, faculty, and staff
- Students have access to Wepa Print stations on campus therefore, we do not recommend personal printers
- If personal printers are purchased, we ask that wireless printing is turned off.
- Erskine does not provide personal computers or tablets
- Erskine does have computer labs for student use
- Erskine IT recommends a personal computer that:
- Is Windows 10 OS or MacOS 10.12 or later
- Screen size is 15 inches
- RAM/Memory is at least 4GB (higher is better)
- Storage is at least 120GB (higher is better)
- SSD performs faster and better than a traditional spinning HDD but costs more per GB
- Recommend purchasing an extended warranty through the manufacturer.