As Erskine focuses its attention on celebrating 175 years of faithful liberal arts education, we’re diving into our archives to pull out fascinating photos, historical accounts, student writing from across the decades, and other gems of Erskiniana.
But we need some help — we know Erskine alumni and friends have wonderful photos and artifacts out there that we’d like to see, share, or add to our archive collection, which is housed in the McCain Library Department of Archives and Special Collections.
If you have historic Erskine photos, documents or memorabilia that you’re willing to share, we’d love to hear from you.
Short-term loans or permanent donations will be greatly appreciated.
Here are the kinds of things we’re looking for. If you aren’t sure whether your item fits our needs, contact us first.
• Clothing (letter sweaters, jackets, athletic kit, beanies, caps and gowns)
• Pins, jewelry, or literary society memorabilia
• Football programs or tickets
• Pre-1920 photos (campus life, Due West)
• The Mirror 1924-1930
• Erskine Collegiate Recorder (vols. 4-6, 1857-60)
• Erskinian: v.1-7 pre-1900
• Commencement programs (pre-1900)
• Erskiniana 1928
• The Arrow, 1950
• Erskine Miscellany, Due West Telescope (any)
• The Associate Reformed Presbyterian (any large runs prior to 1884)
• Erskine College catalogs (particularly 1850-70)
For more details on arranging a loan or donation, please contact Edith Brawley at email@example.com or call 864.379.8763.