Enrollment Deposit Update
In light of the potential economic impact of the COVID-19 virus, Erskine College has announced that the enrollment deposit refund deadline for new students will be extended to June 1, 2020. This extension will allow those affected by the COVID-19 situation to delay payment of the enrollment fee (the former deadline was May 1, 2020).
“We are implementing this policy as a way of helping families who may be experiencing financial hardship as a result of the virus,” Dean of Enrollment Dr. Tim Rees says.
Please contact Erskine’s Admissions Office or your admissions counselor directly for more details.
Annual Tuition, Required Fees, Room & Board 2019-2020
|Board (all meal plans)||$5,550|
|South Carolina State Aid||Federal Aid||Erskine Aid|
|Hope: $2,800||Subsidized Student Loans: $3,500||Dean’s Award: $14,000|
|LIFE: $5,000||Unsubsidized Student Loans: $2,000||Towers Scholarship: $12,000|
|Palmetto Fellows: $6,7000||Pell Grant: Up to $6,095||Garnet Scholarship: $10,000|
|Enhancement for Palmetto or LIFE: +2,500||Gold Scholarship: $7,500|
|South Carolina Tuition Grant: $3,300|
- New Students: In addition to the above fees,** new students will be assessed a $300 enrollment fee to offset the costs of class registration and new student orientation.
- Returning Students: In addition to the above fees,** returning students will be assessed a $300 returning student fee, $150 of which will offset the costs of class registration and $150 will be credited toward the student’s fall billing statement.
- Single room charges are an additional $825 per semester.
- Required fees** include: activity, artist series/convocation, athletic, computer, medical, and student center fees. (For more information regarding the required fees,** see a copy of the current Erskine College Catalog.) Students living on campus are required to pay a yearly $100 laundry fee not included in required fees.
- All students are responsible for the purchase of books and supplies and should allow between $750 and $1,000 per semester or $1,500 to $2,000 per year (fall and spring semesters), depending on major or coursework taken.
- *Palmetto Fellows Enhancement and LIFE Enhancement are awarded to Sophomores majoring in an approved Science or Math major and who have completed all additional Enhancement requirements in their freshmen year.**Pell Grant is a need-based scholarship. Eligibility for the Pell grant is determined by the Federal Aid Department.
- Special students who enroll for eight semester hours or less will be charged $1,263.00 per hour taken. Nine to 16 hours are considered a normal load during regular terms, and regular charges apply.