Major in Bible and Religion at Erskine College!
Prepare for Christian service and gain biblical knowledge through Erskine’s Bible and Religion major.
Approved undergraduate students may take classes at Erskine Theological Seminary. A B.A./M.Div. program is offered through coordination between the college and seminary, which allows you to complete both a four-year bachelor’s degree and a three-year Master of Divinity degree in just five years.
Although I have had a chance to pursue a broad area of study during my time here at Erskine, I feel that the work that I have done in my Bible classes will be most impactful for me, no matter what career I pursue following school. Thanks to Dr. Smith, I have gained a new appreciation of the transformative power of Scripture in my life.
– Benjamin Headley, Bible & Religion and English major, class of 2024
My faith has grown tremendously over my time at Erskine. As a Bible major, what I have learned in my classes have challenged me and pushed me to desire God more and more every day.
– Gabriel Collier, Bible & Religion and English major, class of 2025
I’ve learned how to better analyze information and clarify my thoughts in writing. I’ve learned how to better connect ideas across disciplines, which has been beneficial as I complete three majors.
– Sharon George, History, Psychology, and Bible & Religion major, class of 2024
Degree Details: Bible and Religion
You can choose between two tracks within the major, depending on your academic and career interests.
- The Christian Ministry track prepares you for youth ministry and Christian Education vocations in the church and parachurch organizations.
- The Biblical and Theological Studies track focuses on academic mastery of the Bible and theology, building a foundation for Christian ministry and academic careers and preparing you for seminary or graduate school.
In both tracks you will discuss key issues of faith and ethics. All majors complete course requirements in the Christian scriptures, theology and the Christian tradition, comparative religion, and Christianity in relation to other religions and the secular worldview. Students in the Christian Ministry track will also complete four courses in ministry.
Erskine College Admissions
“Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2021: 21-2099 Religions Workers, All Other,” U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes212099.htm