Erskine College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master’s, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500.
The threefold purpose for publishing the address and contact numbers of the SACS Commission on Colleges is to enable interested constituents:
- to learn about the accreditation status of the institution;
- to file a third-party comment at the time of the institution’s decennial review; or
- to file a complaint against the institution for alleged non-compliance with a standard or requirement.
Other inquiries about Erskine College, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc., should be addressed directly to the college or seminary and not to the Commission’s office.
Graduate Programs (Seminary)
Erskine Theological Seminary also is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada, and the following degree programs are approved:
M.Div., M.A. in Practical Ministry, M.A. in Theological Studies, D.Min., Th.M.
The following extension sites are approved as specified:
- Approved for complete M.Div., M.A. in Practical Ministry, M.A. in Theological Studies, and D.Min. degree programs: Columbia, SC
- Approved for a Comprehensive Distance Education Program
To contact ATS:
- Address: Commission on Accrediting, Association of Theological Schools, 10 Summit Park Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15275
- Telephone: 412-788-6505
- Website: www.ats.edu
Pre-Professional Undergraduate Programs
The teacher education program is approved by the State Board of Education using the Standards of the National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC) and has been awarded national accreditation by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
Other Memberships and Affiliations
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- American Association of University Women
- American Council on Education
- Association of American Colleges
- Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (Seminary)
- Conference Carolinas
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
- National Association of College and University Business Officers
- National Christian College Athletics Association
- National Commission on Accrediting
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (Division II)
- Society for the Advancement of Continuing Education in Ministry (Seminary)
- South Carolina Association of Colleges and Universities
- South Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities