Erskine College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Questions about the accreditation of Erskine College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
The threefold purpose for publishing the address and contact numbers of the SACS Commission on Colleges is to enable interested constituents:
- to learn about the accreditation status of the institution;
- to file a third-party comment at the time of the institution’s decennial review; or
- to file a complaint against the institution for alleged non-compliance with a standard or requirement.
Other inquiries about Erskine College, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc., should be addressed directly to Erskine’s undergraduate or graduate divisions and not to the Commission’s office.
Graduate Programs (Seminary)
Erskine Theological Seminary is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of The Association of Theological Schools (www.ats.edu) and is approved to offer the following degrees: M.Div., M.A. (Theological Studies), M.A. in Christian Counseling, M.A. in Practical Ministry, Th.M., D.Min.
The school is approved for comprehensive distance (online) education. The school is approved for the following additional locations: Columbia, South Carolina, and Greenville, South Carolina.
Contact the Commission on Accrediting of The Association of Theological Schools at:
10 Summit Park Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15275, USA
Pre-Professional Undergraduate Programs
The teacher education program is approved by the State Board of Education using the Standards of the National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC) and has been awarded national accreditation by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
Other Memberships and Affiliations
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- American Association of University Women
- American Council on Education
- Association of American Colleges
- Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (Seminary)
- Conference Carolinas
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
- International Alliance for Christian Educators
- National Association of College and University Business Officers
- National Christian College Athletics Association
- National Commission on Accrediting
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (Division II)
- Society for the Advancement of Continuing Education in Ministry (Seminary)
- South Carolina Association of Colleges and Universities
- South Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities