skip to Main Content

Jasmine Douglas awarded UPS Scholarship

Jasmine A. Douglas, an Erskine College sophomore from Powdersville, S.C., was selected to receive a CIC/UPS Scholarship provided by South Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities (SCICU) and its national partner, the Council of Independent Colleges (CIC) in Washington, D.C.

“What drew me to Erskine is the campus,” Jasmine says. “The campus makes me feel like home and I love how small it is.”

Jasmine graduated from Powdersville High School and is majoring in Health Science. She has found that Erskine’s size and favorable faculty-student ratio are beneficial for her studies. The small-campus atmosphere “has given me more opportunities to get to know my professors better and learn the material better,” she says. Studying on Erskine’s small campus “has given me more confidence in accomplishing my goals and getting my degree.”

Attracted by Erskine’s Health Science major, Jasmine was also interested in Erskine’s cheerleading and dance programs, and now is a member of both teams. “Both programs have added great memories and fun to my college experience,” she says, adding, “One of the best elements of my experience at Erskine is making friends and creating memories to cherish.”

The Council of Independent Colleges, through the CIC/UPS Educational Endowment, has provided more than $1.4 million in student scholarships to support student success at private colleges and universities throughout the nation. This year, SCICU awarded $67,200 in CIC/UPS Scholarships to students at its 21 member institutions across South Carolina.

“The Council of Independent Colleges and the UPS Foundation have been longtime and generous champions of independent college higher education, not only in South Carolina, but nationwide,” says Jeff Perez, president and CEO of South Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities (SCICU), the advocacy organization for independent colleges and universities in South Carolina. “We deeply appreciate the support of CIC and UPS and recognize that they have changed for the better the lives of many students at SCICU member institutions.”

Scholarships provided by SCICU and CIC offer significant support to students, bringing down the cost of their college education. “The UPS Scholarship means a lot to me and my family,” Jasmine says.

Erskine and Due West Skyline

Interested in Erskine?

Erskine College admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.

Back To Top