How to Apply for A Position
- Students interested must attend a Work Study Meeting (students will be emailed the time and date).
- All job opportunities can be viewed by clicking on the work opportunities link.
- Once a job is selected, use the Click Here to Apply link, complete the application, and email to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Work Study”. (Eligibility for work study will be determined.)
- Employment applications for all eligible students will be forwarded to the department supervisor. The supervisor will contact the student regarding an interview.
- If not hired, the student may repeat the job selection process and interview with other supervisors who have work opportunities available.
Once Hired for A Position
- The hiring supervisor will notify the Registrar’s Office that the student has secured a position.
- The Registrar’s Office will issue the student a letter used to obtain a social security card at the local Social Security Administration.Greenwood Social Security Office
115 Enterprise Ct.
Greenwood, SC 29649
- It generally takes up to 10 business days for the social security card to arrive in the mail.
- For more information visit socialsecurity.gov
Completing the Hiring Process
- Once the social security card arrives, the student will complete paper work with the Work Study Coordinator in the Financial Aid Office located in Belk Hall-201.
- The student must complete an I-9 and a W-4 to be eligible to work. Erskine College participates in E-Verify. Click for a list of acceptable documents needed to complete the new hire packet.
- The hiring process will be completed and the student will receive a work agreement. The work agreement must be signed by the student and supervisor and returned to the Work Study Coordinator.
- Students are responsible for reading the Work Study Manual. Click on the link below:
Work Study Manual
How to Receive Pay
- All hired students will receive login information for performance payroll.
- Hours worked will be logged in at performancepayroll.com or via the TimeWorks Mobile App.(The app is available free on the iTunes App Store or GooglePlay App Store.)
- Workers will approve all hours on the last day of every month.
- Incomplete or late timecards will not be processed until the following payroll.
- Payroll checks will be direct deposited or mailed to the student’s CPO Box.
- All student workers are paid on the 15th following the month worked.
All applicants are considered a volunteer until the hiring process is completed!
If you have any questions about work study please contact Zee Sloan: firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject line: “Work Study”.
Location: Belk Hall-201
PO Box 338
Due West, SC 29639