How to Apply for a Position
- Students interested must attend a Work Study Meeting (students will be emailed the time and date).
- All job opportunities can be viewed by clicking on the work opportunities link.
- Next, fill out the online job application.
- Eligibility for work study will be determined.
- Employment applications for all eligible students will be forwarded to the department supervisor. The supervisor will contact the student regarding an interview.
- If not hired, the student may repeat the job selection process and interview with other supervisors who have work opportunities available.
Once Offered a Position
- The hiring supervisor will notify the Registrar’s Office that the student has been offered a position.
- The Registrar’s Office will issue the student a letter used to obtain a social security card at the local Social Security Administration.
- For more information visit ssa.gov
Greenwood Social Security Office
115 Enterprise Ct.
Greenwood, SC 29649
- Once the social security card arrives, the student will complete paperwork with the Work Study Coordinator in the Financial Aid Office located in Belk Hall-202.
- The student must complete an I-9 and a W-4 to be eligible to work. Erskine College participates in E-Verify.
- Once the hiring process is completed, the student will receive a work agreement. The work agreement must be signed by the student and supervisor and returned to the Work Study Coordinator.
- Students are responsible for reading the Work Study Manual.
How to Receive Pay
- All hired students will receive login information for performance payroll.
- Hours worked will be logged in at myisolved.com or via the iSolved Mobile App. (The app is available free on the iTunes App Store or Google Play App Store.)
- Workers will approve all hours on the last day of every month.
- Incomplete or late timecards will not be processed until the following payroll.
- Payroll checks will be direct deposited or mailed to the student’s CPO Box.
- All student workers are paid on the 15thfollowing the month worked.
All applicants are considered a volunteer until the hiring process is completed!
If you have any questions about work study, please contact Bridget Partain with the subject line Work Study.
Contact: Bridget Partain
Location: Belk Hall-202
PO Box 338
Due West, SC 29639