Work Study Program
The work study program provides students with a work opportunity that will enhance individual learning and provide valuable job experience. Erskine College students may qualify for Federal Work Study or an Erskine Work job opportunity. All positions allow student workers to earn money and provide the college with needed services. Work study earnings are not directly applied to the student’s account. Students are able to make payments to their account from work study earnings by visiting the business office. Students work an average of 5 to 10 hours per week and no more than 20 hours per week.
The Federal Work Study Program at Erskine College provides on-campus and off-campus work opportunities for qualified students.
- Students must demonstrate financial need through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have a current FAFSA on file. Students must be enrolled in 6 or more credit hours.
- Students must be within the Federal Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) guidelines.
- Jobs are located on campus, as well as off campus through tutoring in elementary schools.
- If interested in the America Reads America Counts tutoring program, email email@example.com.
- Positions pay between federal minimum wage and $10/hr.
- 75% of the program is paid by the federal government and 25% is paid by Erskine. 100% of the America Reads America Counts program is paid by the federal government.
Erskine Work provides on-campus work opportunities for students who may not qualify for Federal Work Study.
- Jobs are located on campus, as well as off campus.
- Positions pay federal minimum wage per hour.
- Seminary positions are all paid by Erskine Work.
- 100% of the program is paid by Erskine College.
- International students may participate in work study. Click on the International Students page to view the participation requirements.
How to Apply for a Position
- Students interested must attend a Work Study Meeting (students will be emailed the time and date).
- All job opportunities can be viewed by clicking on the work opportunities link.
- Next, fill out the online job application.
- Eligibility for work study will be determined.
- Employment applications for all eligible students will be forwarded to the department supervisor. The supervisor will contact the student regarding an interview.
- If not hired, the student may repeat the job selection process and interview with other supervisors who have work opportunities available.
How to Receive Pay
- All hired students will receive login information for performance payroll.
- Hours worked will be logged in at myisolved.comor via the iSolved Mobile App. (The app is available free on the iTunes App Store or Google Play App Store.)
- Workers will approve all hours on the last day of every month.
- Incomplete or late timecards will not be processed until the following payroll.
- Payroll checks will be direct deposited or mailed to the student’s CPO Box.
- All student workers are paid on the 15th following the month worked.
All applicants are considered a volunteer until the hiring process is completed!
If you have any questions about work study, please contact Bridget Partain with a subject line Work Study.
Contact: Bridget Partain
Location: Belk Hall-202
PO Box 338
Due West, SC 29639