skip to Main Content

Spiritual Life

Campus Ministries

Students at Erskine College benefit from a number of active campus ministries to promote their growth as whole persons, able to flourish spiritually, academically, and socially. Many students participate in a variety of Bible studies, mission trips, and community service projects during their years at Erskine. All students attend Fleet Fellowship programs throughout each semester.

Pastor Josh Chiles, our campus chaplain, maintains an office in the Watkins Student Center and is available to advise, listen, and encourage all students throughout the school year.

For more information on Campus Ministry opportunities please contact the Student Development Division or Pastor Chiles.

Josh Chiles

Chaplain
Email: chiles@erskine.edu

Fleet Fellowship

At Fleet Fellowship, the Erskine community comes together to worship, hear from God’s Word, celebrate accomplishments, and build community. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to find your place in our campus community.

READ MORE ABOUT FLEET FELLOWSHIP

Fellowship of Christian Athletes is open to players, coaches, trainers, and others interested in sports in order to promote Christ on the campus and in the community. Club members enjoy fellowship with one another and being involved in community service projects.

Reformed University Fellowship (RUF) is the campus ministry of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian (ARP) Church at Erskine College. RUF is a ministry to students, through students which seeks to reach students for Christ and equip students to serve. The Sunday evening large-group Bible study and cookout, as well as small groups and one-to-one meetings are the weekly avenues of ministry through which RUF seeks to minister to all Erskine students. Everyone is invited, welcomed and encouraged to participate regardless of their faith background. More information about the ministry can be found at www.erskine.ruf.org and www.ruf.org.

Baptist Collegiate Ministry (BCM) is a place for college students in search of truth. You don’t have to be Baptist, or even Christian, to come to BCM. Everyone is welcome at BCM Bible studies, worship nights, and events.

Alumna Hannah Gibbons

Being involved in Campus Ministries and RUF has shown me what it is like to step up as a leader, not just on Erskine’s Campus but anywhere I go. It has also helped me build life-long relationships with other believers. Being part of campus ministries and RUF has helped me grow in my faith through serving others.

– Hannah Gibbons, class of 2023

Student Jayden Holder

I would encourage other students to get involved in campus ministries because you get see God move in the hearts of many people on campus. I have grown in many areas, first as a disciple of Christ and second, as a leader. I have also grown into my calling as a pastor.

– Jayden Holder, class of 2024 

Sharon George, History, Psychology, and Bible & Religion major

“Being involved with BCM has pushed me out of my comfort zone as I lead worship, and it has given me a set of strong mentors that have helped me grow in my Christian faith and my overall life.” 

– Sharon George, class of 2024 

Ben Headley, Bible & Religion and English major at Erskine

“Through the ministry of RUF, I have been able to make strong friendships with my peers and allow the Gospel to seep into the way I interact with classes and relationships with other students.” 

– Benjamin Headley, class of 2024 

Erskine and Due West Skyline

Interested in Erskine?

Erskine College admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.