Saturday, May 20, 2023
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Held on Erskine’s picturesque campus in the foothills of Upstate South Carolina, Erskine’s flower and garden show features plenty of activities for the whole family: gardening workshops, outdoor vendors, plant sales, learning and craft opportunities for children, and more!
Adults and children over age 12: $5 per person
Children 12 and under: free
A keynote address will be delivered by Amanda McNulty of South Carolina ETV’s Making It Grow.
- Native plant tours by Dan Whitten of the South Carolina Native Plant Society
- Tours of the Pressly Family Heritage Garden, the Alumni House (ca. 1880), and the Student Cabin (ca. 1850)
- Due West Tree Walks and Bird Walks
- Activities for children with Erskine biology faculty and Due West Garden Club
- Ask-a-Master-Gardener with Lakelands Master Gardeners
- What’s Bugging You? Identifying lawn and garden pests with Adam Gore, Clemson Extension
- Plant Swap – bring one of your own to trade
- Bloom Brag – bring your potted plants or cut flowers for a people’s choice competition
- Vendors of outdoor-related products
- Auction – items donated by faculty and staff
- Plant sales
- Growing Roses – Phillip Cook
- Medicinal Botany – Jeannie Curry and Jonathan Cooper
- Creating Container Gardens – Due West Garden Club
- Pollinator Gardening – Ellie Redding
- Flower Arranging – Nancy Riser Rayner
- How to Make and Use Tinctures for Natural Health – Carol Rondeau of Cedar Ridge Farm Apothecary
Hamburger and hotdog lunches will be available for purchase.
Erskine’s campus has repeatedly been listed as one of the most beautiful Christian campuses in America. Erskine president Dr. Steve Adamson and his wife Von have a vision for enhancing that beauty and developing the campus into a botanical delight that can be enjoyed by the college as well as visitors to Due West.
Proceeds from the Flower & Garden Show will be used to build an endowment for a Gardener-in-Residence who will oversee the landscape design of four significant properties on the campus: the historic Pressly Family Heritage Garden, Alumni House (ca. 1880), future Parkinson Guest House (ca. 1903), and the President’s Home (built in 1938).
Come support Erskine’s legacy of natural beauty!
Please fill out the interest form below by Friday, May 12, 2023 if you would like to sell merchandise at Erskine’s Flower & Garden Show. Once you have filled out the form, we will be in touch. The cost for vendors is $10. Contact Paul Bell for vendor-related questions: email@example.com. NOTE: Merchandise must be of high quality and related to gardening.
Thank you for your interest in Erskine’s Flower & Garden Show!
Jackson & Perkins | www.jacksonandperkins.com
Park Seed | parkseed.com
Wayside Gardens of Greenwood www.waysidegardens.com
Bonnie Plants of Opelika, Alabama | bonnieplants.com
Wagler’s Outdoor, Greenwood, SC
Fisher Barns, Abbeville, SC
McCall’s Produce, Honea Path, SC
Stoll Industries, Abbeville, SC
The Snobby Leaf, Honea Path, SC
David & Jackie Walker, Williamston, SC
Keith Roberts, Anderson, SC
for their generous support!